Planning on a career change? Look no further than enrolling yourself to culinary schools in Texas. One of the most famous schools in Texas would be The Art Institute of Dallas located at 8080 Park Lane, Suite 100 Dallas, TX 75231-5993. Cooking schools in Texas is becoming a booming industry with many students taking up courses in culinary cuisine.
If you plan on enrolling in Texas culinary schools, then you must meet the basic requirements to be admitted into their culinary programs.
- Must be a High School Graduate / General Education Development Certificate
- Has taken the Scholastic Aptitude Test
- Approve letter from the President of the school
Cooking schools in Texas offer a wide range of skills that would lead you to your field of choice. Culinary classes are specialized that train students in various fields like.
- Design and plan menus
- Hire, train, and supervise staff
- Order ingredients and supplies
- Create and cook appetizers, entrees, deserts and more
- Ensure compliance with sanitation standards and regulations
Culinary classes also include:
- Sanitation and Safety
- Basic Food Preparation
- Intermediate Food Preparation
- Food & Beverage Cost Control
- Hospitality Supervision
- Hotel, Restaurant, and Institutional Meat
- Fundamentals of Baking
- Specialized Food Preparation
- Advanced Pastry
Various institutions in Texas like Remington College, Culinary Institute LeNotre and as well as El Centro Calloege offer Food and Hospitality services for many students who are aspiring to become chefs or masters in culinary arts.