Earning your first culinary arts degree can easily be done by enrolling yourself to the many culinary schools in Alaska. If you’ve been searching for a cooking school for you to start a new career or enjoy your hobby then you’ve come to the right place.
The University of Alaska Anchorage needs students to comply with the following requirements to enroll them in culinary classes in Alaska.
- A high school diploma (no minimum GPA required) or
- Must be 18 years old (ability to benefit certificate)
The Alaska Institute of Technology located at 809 2nd Ave Seward, offers promising culinary training in Alaska. Students enrolled in the course are catered to three levels of certification to prep them up to the many food restaurants in Alaska. The following are the certifications earned when the students has finished his culinary program.
- Food Service Worker
- Cooks Helper/ Prep Cook
- Baker’s Helper
- Culinary Baker
Upon completion of their program students will be able to:
- Apply theories and concepts of baking techniques to fully utilize them in the industry such as commercial baking.
- Apply concepts and theories in cooking procedures needed to practice safety food service and facilities.
- Able to analyze food cost and how to implement the necessary control to keep costs trimmed down.
- Able to demonstrate human resource management that profits the facility operation to ensure profitability to the company and as well promote total customer satisfaction.
If you are planning on taking culinary classes as your second course, try visiting the schools mentioned above as they can help you sharpen your skills when you become part of the culinary industry.